NEW ONESYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
All the Cleveland Browns needed was a first loss.
The New York Jets had zero timeouts and trailed a touchdown with 2:02 left in the game. The Browns passed it to Nick Chubb who came down first, but he juked a defenseman two more yards to score his third touchdown of the game, making it 30-17 Browns.
Game over, right? We will …
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
On the 2nd and 1st of the Jets’ 34-yard line, Joe Flacco found a wide open Corey Davis for a 66-yard touchdown. Greg Zuerlein’s extra point gave the Jets the back door. But the Jets went for an onside kick, recovered it and marched again. This time, Flacco found rookie Garrett Wilson for the tying touchdown — his second of the day — and Zuerlein won the game-winning PAT.
Had Chubb fallen short of the goal line, the Browns could have taken a knee three times until the clock reached zero. Instead, the Jets scored 14 points in the final 1:55 of the game.
ESPN’s win odds calculator gave Cleveland a 99.9 percent chance of winning. The 0.1 percent had the upper hand.
“Looking back, I honestly shouldn’t have scored right away,” Chubb said. “It cost us the game.”
JETS SCORES TWICE IN THE LAST TWO MINUTES TO GET A WONDERFUL COMEBACK AGAINST BROWNS
Sure, it doesn’t all fall to Chubb — the defense allowed 128 passing yards to a 37-year-old backup in the final 1:55 of the game.
“A lot of things went wrong, not just one thing,” said the running back. “But as a unit, as a team, we could have done it all differently, but it’s only a problem because we didn’t win. So I probably should have fallen.”
From week 9 of 2001 to week 1 of this season, teams were 2.229-0 with a lead of at least 13 points in the last two minutes.
It was, no exaggeration, one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history.
Chubb noted that it’s quite difficult to get to a dead stop in just six feet from full speed, but he says he “probably could have” gone down.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Fantasy owners were happy – Browns fans certainly not.
#Browns #Nick #Chubb #regrets #scoring #late #touchdown #Jets #comeback