New Orleans Saints quarterback Jameis Winston, who is listed as doubtful due to back and ankle injuries, is expected to play against the Carolina Panthers, according to NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.
Running back Alvin Kamara, who missed last week’s defeat, is also expected to play. However, quarterback Taysom Hill (rib) is not supposed to be there, reports Rapoport.
In two games this season, Winston has thrown three touchdown passes… and three interceptions.
New Orleans (1-1) travels to Charlotte to face Carolina (0-2) at 1 p.m. ET.
Other injuries we’re keeping an eye on for Sunday’s week 3 games:
- Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert, listed as questionable, is a real game-time decision based on how he feels, sources tell Rapoport. With fractured costal cartilage, Herbert looked doubtful as of Friday when Chase Daniel took all the reps. But he’s pushing hard to go against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday.
- Arizona Cardinals James Conner, who is listed as doubtful with an ankle injury, will be back for the game, but there is optimism he will play today, according to Rapoport.
- Chicago Bears All-Pro linebacker Roquan Smith, who missed practice this week with a hip injury and is listed as questionable, is expected to play against the Texans, according to Rapoport.
- Along with the expected return of JK Dobbins, Baltimore Ravens are slated to star cornerbacks Marlon Humphrey (groin) and Marcus Peters (knee) against the Patriots, Rapoport reports.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receivers Russell Gage (hamstring) and Breshad Perriman (knee) and running back Leonard Fournette (hamstring) are all considered doubtful and are all expected to play today against the Green Bay Packers, according to Rapoport. There is less optimism for receiver Julio Jones (knee), who will test his injury before the game to see if he can go.
- The expectation is that Denver Broncos wide receiver Jerry Jeudy (ribs) and cornerback Patrick Surtain II (shoulder) should be good to go against the San Francisco 49ers, according to James Palmer of NFL Network. They did a good job this week.
- Detroit Lions running back D’Andre Swift (ankle), tight end TJ Hockenson (hip), center Frank Ragnow (foot) and defending end Aidan Hutchinson (thigh) — all listed as questionable — expected to play against Minnesota, sources tell NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero. Expect a bigger role for Swift, who had seven strokes for 87 yards and a TD last week.
- Minnesota Vikings linebacker Eric Kendricks, listed as doubtful with a toe kicked, will play against the Lions on Sunday, according to Pelissero. Lewis Cine and Josh Metellus from the first round will split the snaps instead of Harrison Smith, who is out with a concussion.
- Green Bay Packers Wide receiver Randall Cobb (illness) should play against the Bucs, a source told Rapoport. However, it is unlikely that widespread Christian Watson (hamstring) will play.
- With no setbacks and continued progress as he recovers from a meniscus tear and bone bruise in his knee, New York Jets quarterback Zach Wilson is expected to be cleared by doctors next week, according to Rapoport. That puts him in line to play against the Steelers in Week 4.
#Injury #summary #Saints #Jameis #Winston #Alvin #Kamara #expected #play #Panthers